Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kassy On Celebs - Rani Mukherjee

Rani Mukherjee



Rani Mukherjee, or more commonly know as Rani, is the queen of hearts and I believe that is a very apt title for her. She is one short actress that is full of tons of attitude and sex appeal, yet she is still one of the sweetest actresses I've seen. I hear her voice and I melt into a puddle.

I feel in love with Rani in Bunty Aur Babli where she plays a whiny con-woman, Babli, traveling with her husband Bunty, played by Abhishek Bachchan and she plays her very well. All throughout the movie, Babli would break out in instant tears in a very funny way and I was very impressed with her execution of this. It was hilarious and overdone in a good way. After BAB, I've seen Rani around in special appearances in Deewangi Deewangi in Om Shanti Om and Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and I only feel even deeper in love with her. She's got so much spunk, beauty and talent that just radiates out of her in every scene she's in, no matter how big or small.

My next to run ins with Rani were in the small bits of No One Killed Jessica and Veer-Zaara that I've seen - Both impressive, especially in NOKJ where she plays a reporter full of attitude and tells a fellow passenger on a plane to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Rani is actually of Bolly royalty, along with her cousin Kajol. Her father is Ram Mukherjee, a director and one of the founders of Filmalaya Studios. Her mother Krishna, a playback singer. So she's got talent in her blood added to the special spunk that she herself naturally has. I want to see so much more of Rani, especially Black, a movie in which she stars along side Amitabh Bachchan and plays a blind woman. She's gotten a lot of praise for this role, and I have no doubt that it will be yet another amazing performance from the queen of hearts.

Star Rating: 9/10

6 comments:

Siham said...

One of the most charismatic actresses I have ever seen, if not, the most charismatic. She is one gem of an actress. Just amazing!

I could only advise you to watch Black first, but also movies like Saathiya which are really good. :D

Kassy said...

Siham - She is very charismatic and talented :) I wanted to check Saathiya out too. That's with Shahid or Ranbir?

Helenna Anggia said...

She is the only one actress who makes me fall in love until now.. no one can replace her in my heart..
She is not as beautiful as other actresses, nor she is sexy.. but she has inner beauty which makes her more interesting.. she also has very good (the best) acting in Bollywood :D :D

Siham said...

Saathiya was realeased in early 2000s, and she played in it with Vivek Oberoi. :)

Kassy said...

Siham - I was thinking of Saawariya xD

Kassy said...

Helenna - I believe she's sexy and gorgeous @_@ She made it to #6 on my most beautiful Bollywood women top 10 list. I do think she brings something to Bollywood that most other actresses don't though.