Sunday, August 7, 2011

Interview With A Bolly Fanatic: Ally

Hey Alenka, how's everything going today? Busy, I'm sure!
I´m quite well, though I could be better, which is always the case! I was busy the first three weeks of July, but now holiday finally starts.

Exactly how many websites do you run?
Let me count. I have one tumblr, two forums, two fan sites and two blogs. No, three blogs.

And how many more do you visit on a daily basis?
I think there are about 15 websites I pay visit to regularly.

You're the creator and administrator/moderator of Madhuri Magic, a forum celebrating everything about the radiant Madhuri Dixit. But there are already so many forums for her out there. What made you decide to make one yourself?
That´s just the thing. There are not many forums. In fact I know of only two – out of which one is in Russian and second is not maintained as well as I would wish. Madhuri usually has her own topic in any Bollywood-related forum, but I really wanted something nice, well-organized for her. And since nobody else seemed to feel the need, I made one myself.

About how much time did it take you to put it all together and then release it?
I think I spent about a month building it (creating the design, uploading info and pictures...), several hours every day.

Do you see yourself making any other forums or sites anytime soon?
No – because I don´t know what would it be about. But if I find someone/somehting interesting enough in the future, why not?

The dedication and love you have to and for Madhuri is truly amazing. But you know, when you think about it, you have a lot of love for many things like the Romanovs and other people from history. What exactly is it, do you think, that allows you to love so passionately?
I don´t really know. With my love for people long gone, like Romanovs, it is definitely bound with my love for stories. Their story is absolutely grand in every aspect, be it love, glamour, suffering. With Madhuri I think it is really about her giving me a lot through her performances. Watching her gives me unreasonable joy, she makes me realize how beautiful every woman is, she inspires me on so many levels. But in the end it´s the same as if you asked me why I like green colour. I just do.

Speaking of the Romanovs - You're the self-proclaimed dinosaur of coloring! How did that get started for you?
I may be a dinosaur, but everything came form the big BANG, which for me was finding the colourings of a Spanish lady named Isabel on Alexander Palace Time Machine forum. Many people say I inspired them to colour. That is what happened to me with Isabel. Till this day I have her colouring in my computer and watch them from time to time. She has been the biggest inspiration. I really found it fastinating that you can give life to old pictures, make them more real – or more unreal depending on your wish.

Do you feel that you're one of the best colorists out there? Why?
I used to. But for the past year I feel I´ve been „out-coloured“ by people like Justine, Magda, Becky, Olgasha.... When I look at their colourings I tend to go speechless. Looking at mine I´m usually disappointed with the result.

Pick five colorations you feel are your best:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/256/f/4/the_holiest__the_purest_family_by_velkokneznamaria-d2ymykm.jpg


http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/143/0/8/Madhuri_Dixit_by_VelkokneznaMaria.jpg


http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/284/2/1/russian_roses_by_velkokneznamaria-d30iy4u.jpg


http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/108/b/4/sunrise_over_the_empire_by_velkokneznamaria-d3eaelv.jpg


http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/102/b/7/judy_garland_by_velkokneznamaria-d3dtowf.jpg


What tips do you have for people who want to start coloring or want to make a forum like you?

Don´t give up when it´s not going well at first! As far as colouring goes – practice makes perfect. That´s all I can say!

--------------------

Thank you so much Ally for agreeing to do this interview with me. I wish you all the best and good luck on each and every one of your sites!

Ally's Sites:
Madhuri Dixit Forum: http://madhuridixit.freeforumlive.com/
Blog: http://bollywood-ish.blogspot.com/
deviantArt: http://velkokneznamaria.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://bollymusings.tumblr.com/

2 comments:

Gaja Gamini said...

Firstly - LOVE the new design! Made everything better!

Secondly - you are most welcome honey! :D

Kassy said...

Well, it was time for something new :) Now I just have to make a new banner for the top and we'll be all set :D

Glad you like it!