Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Kassy On Celebs - Katrina Kaif

Katrina Kaif



Why India? Why? Why?! WHY?! Of all the new actresses out there for you to fall completely in love with, why Katrina Kaif? It has made me lose faith in so many people and their ability to choose good actors and actresses. How could anyone possibly fall for someone who is in Hindi movies - and doesn't even speak it correctly? How could anyone possibly fall for someone who isn't even all that attractive? And even more so, and perhaps most importantly - How could anyone fall for someone with as little acting ability as Katrina Kaif has?

I've tried again and again to try to understand why so many people have gone pagal over Katrina, but I still can't figure it out. For whatever reason, unbeknown to me, she sells and she sells well. If there is any credit that this girl could get from me whatsoever, it is that she works hard and tries even though she continuously falls flat on her face in her roles. She's okay at playing herself, but if she has to go outside the box, she doesn't work. A true actress should be versatile, and Katrina is not. When in Bollywood, I personally believe that an actress should be able to dance reasonably well, but Katrina can't seem to do that either.

Katrina Kaif wouldn't bother me as much if it weren't for the fact that everyone and their brother is constantly raving about her and - what's worse - comparing her to actresses that actually KNOW what they're doing and can act any role you throw at them well.

As my friend Ally has said, in the future, modern actresses like Kareena Kapoor and Deepika Padukone will be remembered as good actresses. Katrina will be remembered as a pretty face, a cute personality... but not much more.

Star Rating: 3/10

5 comments:

Mette said...

I agree with you on Katrina Kaif, don't like her very much (though she was ok in some films like Tees Maar Khan), but not on Deepika. She's nowhere near to Kareena in my opinion - at all!
But maybe she'll improve.

Kassy said...

Of course not yet :) She was the only half-way decent modern actress I could think of :)

The Bolly 'Hood said...

COMPLETELY agree!!! I really can't figure out how/why everyone has gone gaga over her. She's complete'ly talentless. Just a pretty face, as you said. But even Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, she wasn't looking that great.

I do love Deeps and Kareena on the other hand :)

yves said...

Why does KK sell? Hey, look at her pretty legs! and face, agreed! Sigh...

Kassy said...

That's the thing for me though - I don't even find her good looking, truly. Her face is abnormally long as well as her nose and she has no expressions. She reminds me of a penguin for some reason...