Sunday, June 19, 2011

Kassy On Celebs - Imran Khan

Imran Khan



He is Bollywood's next big Khan. He is Bollywood royalty. He is the hottest thing since a summer day in the dessert. Who is he? He is Imran Khan. I know the people who know me best will read this and just laugh and laugh. Why? Because I am absolutely obsessed and head over heels in love with this man. Everything about him drives me crazy in the best way possible. He's one of the best looking people I've ever seen, he's charming, charismatic and not a bad actor for being so new to the silver screen.

Imran Khan is most commonly known for two things, being Aamir Khan's nephew, and Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na. JTYJN was his debut performance in a lead role, which got him the best male debut Filmfare award. I began to watch JTYJN and didn't get far. Why? Because it was too simple for me and Genelia D'Souza annoys the living hell out of me. However, I owe it to Imran, or Immy as I affectionately call him, to give it another chance since he has been recognized for that role more than any of his others.

I've seen just about every other film of Imran's though, including Kidnap, Luck, I Hate Luv Storys, and one of my very favorite movies ever, Break Ke Baad. My two favorite roles that he's done so far are Kabir Sharma in Kidnap and Abhay Gulati in Break Ke Baad. These roles are polar opposites. Kabir is a broken, empty man who wants revenge more than anything else and is willing to risk everything to get it. This role is so different from all the others that Imran has done and I was completely blown away by his performance in it. It's a crappy movie, let's be honest, but he did a great job bringing those sad emotions to the screen when he himself is not at all like that. I thought he did an awesome job as Abhay Gulati in BKB as well and I believe it was his best role to date. Luck, like Kidnap, was a bust in the box office, but I was also impressed with him there.

I Hate Luv Storys is well.. My guilty pleasure. It is such a cliched movie and there are several things wrong with it, but I still loved it. Yet I do not think Imran's acting was top notch in that one. There were scenes where I thought he and Kirsten Stewart were related because all he did was show the exact same face the entire time. It was like he didn't know how to show the emotions his character was supposed to be feeling in those scenes, so he just went to the default blank, sad face. His comedy was very good, however. I absolutely cannot wait for his next three movies, Delhi Belly, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan and Short Term Shaadi, in which he will star opposite Kareena Kapoor - his favorite actress. These films cannot come fast enough for me!

There are a few things I am absolutely sure of when it comes to Imran Khan: He will be big, he will be great, and my love for him will never change. He's one of the genuinely good people, inside and out, and that can be hard to find in actors and just people in general. He's got great screen presence and charm that I find unmatched by any other male actor. Keep your eyes on this one, guys. He's not going away.

Star Rating:7/10

2 comments:

Remini said...

Glad to see that Imran's getting some love :) He's one of my favourites, just because he does so well at romantic comedies. He's only a few movies old, so I'm looking forward to the kind of movies he'll be in - I can't wait to watch Delhi Belly (that's bound to be completely different from his previous roles :D)

Mette said...

Though I've only seen one of his movies (JTYJN, off course), I think I might also be able to say I'm in love with him. I can't wait for Delhi Belly, and your post inspired me to fill the waiting time with some of his previous films.